Happy New Year!
I hope you all had a wonderful break. Thank you to all of you that came to ILP’s. I understand that not everyone could make it, so please email me if you need anything. Here are some highlights that will be useful:
- Science Fair and Stem Fest is coming up! (2/1/2020 at Power Campus)
- Your students have all the information on their Google Drive. They also have the template of the research paper to work on.
- Here is the link for all the information including the grading rubric and a link to sign up to volunteer if you would like to be part of the fun. We need about 50 parent volunteers. Please check this site every week as there are constant updates for both parents and students alike.
- I just received updates from above today Mrs. Tischer. The paper straw tower must be ONLY paper straws. The wind factor will come from a fan. The students will be placing the weights on their own towers so make sure the top is flat! Google is a great resource to come up with possibilities. Please visit https://sites.google.com/view/science-fair-stem-festival/home
- We have started our Chapter on Ratio’s. I will be putting assignments on Google Classroom so they can have access if they are missing any assignments, or have lost their paper.
- We spent this week going over our Word for 2020. The students did a great job picking out one word that describes what they want to work on for this year. They put much thought into why they chose their specific word. We have placed them throughout the building so they can be reminded throughout the semester.
- We are working on the end of our Informative section. We will be working on Science Fair and Stem Fest as part of our writing next week.
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!!!